Siri is a great digital assistant, but the default voice for Siri is female and doesn’t have an accent.
Siri is very useful, but some people are bothered that she has the same boring voice.
So, if you are one of those people who wish that she had a different name or voice, we’ve composed a guide on how to do just that.
Messing with Siri can be very fun and useful. You can change Siri’s gender, accent, and name to your liking for better personalization.
Why Change Siri’s Name or Voice?
There are lots of reasons to change Siri’s name and voice. Some people find that they can’t take Siri seriously with the same name and voice, so they change it to something more creative.
Others find that Siri sounds better in another language or has an accent that they prefer. It’s also fun to mess around with Siri, especially if you need a laugh after a bad day.
No matter your reason for wanting to change Siri’s name and voice, you can follow the steps below in order to do so.
How to Change Siri’s Voice – 7 Easy Steps
If you want to change Siri’s name, it is very simple. In order for this to work, your device must be running iOS 8.1 or higher.
1. You can change Siri’s voice in the Settings app
2. Tap General -> Siri -> Voice -> Female Voice (or Male)
3. Choose a different language for Siri to speak
4. Tap on “Voice Feedback” and choose between “Always On,” “Only When Plugged In,” or “Never.”
5. Underneath, you’ll see the option to change the voice of your male/female assistant from Alex, Samantha, or Mark to something else like John, Jane, or Steve
6. Next tap on My Info and update your first name and last name if desired
7. Finally, go back into settings and select Siri & Search then turn off Listen for Keywords so Siri knows when you are talking to her
Siri can be customized with different accents. If you have an older model iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you will need to download Siri from the App Store. After installing, follow these steps:
1. Open Siri and tap on “Preferences” to find Accessibility
2. Scroll down to select Voice Gender and choose Male or Female
3. Scroll until you see Language, then select English (United States), English (Australia), or English (United Kingdom)
4. Scroll until you see Siri Voice and choose the accent you prefer. Feel free to search online for an accent that you like, or pick from one of the pre-loaded accents.
If none of these options work for you, don’t worry. There are many alternatives to Siri that can meet your needs and be customized however you like.
Can We Change Siri’s name?
No, you cannot change Siri’s name. The creators of Siri have set her to always respond when she is called Siri, similar to how a human would answer a nickname.
You can change her accent, language, and name to sound more like your desired assistant by following the steps above.
What Language Siri Can Speak?
Siri can speak in English (United States, Australia, UK), French, German, and Spanish.
She also has the ability to speak Chinese, although it is limited to certain areas.
Siri is a very useful assistant, but some people find that she has a boring name and voice. You can edit her to have a better accent, but you cannot change her name.
We hope these steps have helped you on your journey to customize Siri according to your needs!
If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment below. We would love to hear from you!
Thank You and Good Luck!
- Can You Use Alexa To Listen Remotely
- How to Change Siri’s Name or Voice
- Does Blink Work with Google Home
- Does Alexa Work with Chromecast
I am John Kouchek, the founder of Own The Smart Home. I am passionate about making homes smarter and more efficient. I have a degree in Robotics and Automation (MSc) and have worked in the home automation industry for over 10 years. Learn More!