Last updated on November 2nd, 2022 at 08:38 am
Are you an Asus smart gesture user? If so, you may be looking for some alternatives to the default Asus smart gesture application. In this blog post, we will be discussing some of the best Asus smart gesture alternatives that you can use on your Windows 10 computer.
These tools might be able to substitute Asus smart gesture app in a way that satisfies you.
What is ASUS Smart Gesture?
Asus Smart Gesture presents multiple touchpad functions with just a single-touch action! The utility software is developed and published by ASUS, only for their computers (currently, an Asus laptop can use this driver). The freeware is designed for Windows 32- and 64-bit systems.
It enables enhanced multitouch, scroll zone, reverses scrolling direction, toggle scrolling, pinch-zoom action, and more for users. It also adds support for the widescreen display feature of the new machines (e.g., Asus ZenBook Flip).
ASUS Smart Gesture is designed for both work and play scenarios. It is designed for easy-to-use, intuitive interactions with your computer to maximize your productivity.
The main purpose of ASUS Smart Gesture is to enable more touchpad features on ASUS laptops and notebooks. This app allows you to use more gestures to help make your work on the computer easier.
This app has 3 main features:
- Handwriting Recognition Functionality: This allows you to write on your laptop’s touchpad screen. Your writing will be translated into text that appears on the PC’s display. This app comes with a pre-installed, system-wide handwriting recognition engine.
- The Smart Gesture Accessibility feature is designed to help users with limited use of their hands. This function allows you to control your PC with simple hand movements, such as a finger tap or a finger swipe.
- A customizable Lighting Effect for your PC is an additional feature available from the Smart Gesture app. This function allows you to change the color of your PC’s touchpad.
Different Ways to Use this application
There are two main different ways that you can use this application.
You will need to select a tab at the top of the touchpad screen to use this app.
The ‘hotkey’ tab allows you to input a hotkey combination for any command that is given.
The ‘gesture’ tab allows you to draw a gesture on your touchpad screen to activate the command assigned to that gesture.
If you are not comfortable with either of these options, you can use the ‘assistive touch’ tab. This feature uses a menu that is similar to what is shown in Windows. This menu is easy and intuitive to use, so it would be a good option for people who are not familiar with the ASUS Smart Gesture app.
3 Best Asus Smart Gesture Alternatives
One of the most innovative features of the Asus company is that they have gesture sensing technology. It has been integrated into a lot of their devices and some Windows PCs.
The technology allows you to do things like launch an app by swiping your fingers in a specific motion. There are other apps that can do what this app does, but it’s still a great option if you don’t want to spend money on purchasing another desktop for your computer.
Here are 3 Asus smart gesture alternative apps for Windows systems.
- The first alternative you can try is Synaptics TouchPad Driver. This application is specially designed for Windows, and it has been used by millions of users worldwide. It offers a lot more features than the Asus smart gesture application.
- Get Precision Touchpad drivers, which are designed to be more accurate and reliable than standard mouse drivers.
- You can also use SnailDriver. This is an application with the same features as the Synaptics TouchPad Driver, but it can also work with many other devices. For instance, it can also work with a lot of keyboards, and it can support other sizes as well.
If you need a driver that is especially for the Asus Smart Gesture, you can try using the ASUS Touchpad Driver.
This application has the same features as the other two applications we have mentioned on this list. It is also designed for Windows computers, and it has been used by millions of users worldwide.
There are many different ways that you can use your touchpad on your computer. If you want to try a new method, though, we recommend using either Precision Touchpad drivers or Synaptics TouchPad Driver if your Asus touchpad smart gestures are not working properly or just don’t want it anymore.
Both programs are great alternatives to the Asus Smart Gesture. They can be used on all different types of Windows PC, and they will offer you a lot of great features that you can use to control your PC.
We hope that you have found this article helpful!
I am John Kouchek, the founder of Own The Smart Home. I am passionate about making homes smarter and more efficient. I have a degree in Robotics and Automation (MSc) and have worked in the home automation industry for over 10 years. Learn More!